What is Bloating, Causes, Symptoms, Treatment – Agrawal Gastrocare Center Indore
What is Bloating
Bloating happens in your abdomen (stomach). It occurs when your gastrointestinal (GI) tract becomes clogged with air or gas. The digestive tract extends from the mouth to the anus (bottom). It refers to the complete digestive system.
When you’re bloated, it feels like you’ve eaten a large dinner and there’s no more place in your stomach. Your stomach is full and constricted. It can be unpleasant or painful. Your stomach may appear to be larger. It may cause your garments to fit more tightly.
Causes of Bloating
Bloating occurs whenever the GI tract fills with air or gas. Something as simple as the food you consume can cause this. Some foods are more gas-producing than others. Other straightforward causes of bloating include:
- Reflux (GERD)
- gaining weight
- Menstruation (in certain women)
Other possible explanations include medical issues such as:
- The illness of the liver
- Crohn’s disease
- Anxiety and depression are examples of mental health issues.
- Some medications
Symptoms of Bloating
Bloating symptoms involve stomach pain, discomfort, and gas. You could also cough or belch regularly, as well as experience belly rumbling or gurgling.
Severe bloating may be accompanied by additional significant symptoms, such as:
- You have blood in your stool.
- Significant weight reduction (without trying)
- Heartburn that is worsening
- Fever (due to an infection)
Treatment of Bloating
Treatment involves medicines and some dietary and lifestyle modifications to reduce the symptoms.
- A doctor may prescribe you some medicines to relieve your symptoms.
- dietary modifications should be implemented to reduce bloating. Eating smaller meals more frequently can help reduce the amount of air swallowed during meals.
- avoiding foods that cause gas, such as beans, cabbage, and some fruits and vegetables, can help reduce bloating.
- lifestyle changes may be beneficial in reducing bloating. Regular exercise can help tone abdominal muscles and reduce bloating.
- reducing stress and anxiety can help reduce the symptoms of bloating.
Speaking with your doctor can help determine the underlying cause.