Dyspepsia Clinical Features and Treatment – Dr. Amit Agrawal
Dyspepsia is a common problem.
Dyspepsia is defined as one or more of the following symptoms: postprandial fullness, early satiation, epigastric pain, or burning. Approximately 25 percent of patients with dyspepsia are found to have an underlying organic disease
When you have a stomach ache, you have pain or discomfort in your belly. Sometimes that’s the only symptom you have. Other times, you can have other symptoms such as:
- Burning in your chest known as heartburn.
- Bloating (feeling like your belly is filled with air).
- Feeling full too quickly when you start eating.
we can say that it’s a symptom, not a disease. It reflects that you need some serious changes in your lifestyle before things.
Treatment depends on the two factors.
Diet: – Some people feel less pain after making changes in what they eat. This might include:
Avoid fatty foods (which can slow the emptying of the stomach).
- Eating small, frequent meals. Instead of three large meals, eat five or six small meals.
- Avoid foods that make you feel worse. However, do not stop eating whole food groups unless you talk to your doctor or nurse.
- Avoiding too much alcohol.
For Medication – The doctor’s advice is to be taken care of Doctors help you to figure out the cause of Dyspepsia and by this, you get to know the best treatment for you out there. These include:
- Proton Pump Inhibitors: These are better than Antagonist. Helps to boost movement of food in the body.
- Prokinetics helps in movement of food and Antibiotics works great in some cases.
- Antacids and H2 Receptor: Helps to control acids in the stomach. Patients with continued symptoms of dyspepsia despite a trial of a tricyclic antidepressant and prokinetic, should undergo endoscopic evaluation with an upper endoscopy and biopsies, if not previously performed.
This was a useful journey. I hope you enjoyed reading this.
Agrawal Gastrocare Center (AGC) is the most prominent choice for Gastroenterology Clinic in Indore Madhya Pradesh, India. It has been founded by Dr. Amit Agrawal.
Dr. Amit Agrawal is the Best Gastroenterologist Doctor in Indore and has 12 years of experience. He offers the best treatment in the diagnosis of liver disorder, swallowing disorder, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain, and colon cancer treatment.