Endoscopic Treatment of Obesity – Agrawal Gastrocare Center Indore
What is Obesity?
Obesity is when a person has too much body fat, making them very overweight. It happens when someone eats more food than their body needs, and the extra calories turn into fat.
Obesity can be caused by different things, like eating unhealthy food that is high in fat and sugar, not being active enough, or having genes that make it easier to gain weight.
Sometimes, certain medical conditions or medications can also contribute to obesity. When a person is obese, it can lead to many health problems.
Their body has to work harder, which can strain the heart and raise the risk of heart disease. High blood pressure, diabetes, joint pain, sleep problems, and even some types of cancer are more common in obese individuals.
To manage obesity, it’s important to make healthy choices. This means eating a balanced diet with lots of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and less junk food and sugary drinks.
Endoscopic Treatment of Obesity
- Endoscopic treatment of obesity is a minimally invasive procedure used to help people lose weight. It involves using a small, flexible tube with a camera and other tools to make changes in the digestive system without making large incisions.
- During the procedure, the tube, called an endoscope, is inserted through the mouth and into the stomach. The camera allows the doctor to see inside and guide the tools to perform different treatments.
- These treatments can include reducing the size of the stomach or creating a barrier to slow down the absorption of food.
- Endoscopic treatments for obesity are typically recommended for people who haven’t had success with other weight loss methods, like diet and exercise. It can be a useful option for those who are not eligible for or don’t want to undergo more invasive procedures like surgery.
- Regular follow-up appointments with the doctor are also important to monitor progress and ensure long-term success.